iPads in Action:
Apps & Activities for Creative Classrooms
HANDS ON IPAD WORKSHOP
With so many educational apps available, many primary teachers are asking for guidance about which Apps to purchase and how to best facilitate their use.
iPads in Action: Apps and Activities for Creative Classrooms will showcase and review a selection of quality apps for learning across all KLAs and explore how best to use them in primary classrooms through a series of hands on activities and discussions.
This workshop will also outline and demonstrate a wide range of activities that make clever use of the built-in apps that now come with every iPad, including iBooks, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
Come to discover and explore an excellent selection of apps and activities to use across all KLAs in your classroom. This workshop will include practical demonstrations and a wide range of engaging hands on activities. Teachers will:
- hear an outline of recent research findings into what styles of apps and activities are most valuable for student learning
- review and explore a selection of apps across all KLAs through hands on activities
- discuss and examine the various qualities and features of valuable apps
- develop a list of questions to consider when selecting and implementing new apps
- explore the ways that the inbuilt features of an iPad and can be used to create opportunities for open ended and project learning
Completing iPads in Action: Apps and Activities for Creative Classrooms will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.2.3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Teachers accredited at the Proficient Teacher and Highly Accomplished Teacher Levels may attend this course and claim the Hours and Standard Descriptors aligned to this QTC Registered Course.
UPCOMING WORKSHOP DATES
- Lismore – Thursday 20 August 2015 | Download Flyer | CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Canberra – Friday 28 August 2015 | Download Flyer | CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Port Macquarie – Monday 7 September 2015 | Download Flyer | CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Cost is $285 inc. GST per person, including a delicious morning tea and lunch.
Express Interest if you would like this workshop in your area