iPads in Action: Digital Literacy
HANDS ON IPAD WORKSHOP
Students are captivated by multimedia experiences and enjoy reading eBooks. This workshop will demonstrate and review a variety of iPad apps that enable students to cleverly capture, create and share their own digital stories.
At iPads in Action: Digital Literacy a range of lesson ideas will be shared as participants explore how they can easily create multimedia stories, poems, plays and news reports.
Come and experience how easily iPads can allow teachers and students to create, edit and publish digital stories.
This workshop will include practical demonstrations and a range of engaging hands on activities. Teachers will:
• be introduced to a diverse selection of apps for digital storytelling
• be involved in creating a range of digital stories, reports, plays and poems
• be provided with lesson ideas and demonstrations of digital stories created by students of different ages
• be given insights into recent research projects that highlight how digital literacy can encourage and support literacy learning
• discuss and identify strategies for implementing and expanding the role of digital literacy at their school
Participants will also explore and discuss ways that digital story telling can encourage students to work together cooperatively and promote critical and creative thinking.
Completing iPads in Action: Digital Literacy will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 1.2.3, 2.2.3, 2.6.3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Teachers accredited at the Proficient Teacher and Highly Accomplished Teacher Levels may attend this course and claim the Hours and Standard Descriptors aligned to this QTC Registered Course.