iPads in Action: Mathematics
HANDS ON IPAD WORKSHOP
A great number of mathematical apps have been created for Primary School students. iPads in Action: Mathematics will outline and review the various styles of apps that have been designed and discuss how best to use them in classroom settings.
Are you looking to introduce or review concepts? Is the aim of your lesson to build speed and confidence? Would your students benefit from enrichment activities? Come and discover the apps and activities best suited to you and your students.
Participants will be introduced to a wide variety of apps throughout the day to showcase the number of ways iPads can be used to successfully support and engage students in their learning.
This workshop will involve a series of practical demonstrations and a range of engaging hands on activities and will provide teachers with:
• opportunities to explore, compare and discuss a selection of mathematical apps
• ideas for whole class lessons, group projects or individual activities
• selection criteria to guide the choice of apps for different learning needs
• recent findings and insights from research into ways that digital maths activities can encourage and support learning
• demonstrations and examples of creative ways that iPads can be used to encourage and capture mathematical thinking
Completing iPads in Action: Mathematics will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 1.2.3, 2.2.3, 2.6.3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Teachers accredited at the Proficient Teacher and Highly Accomplished Teacher Levels may attend this course and claim the Hours and Standard Descriptors aligned to this QTC Registered Course.
UPCOMING WORKSHOP DATES
- Blue Mountains – Friday 21 August 2015 | Download Flyer | CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Newcastle – Friday 4 September 2015 | Download Flyer | CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Cost is $285 inc. GST per person, including a delicious morning tea and lunch.
Express Interest if you would like this workshop in your area