Getting Started with Google Apps
Hands on workshop
Google Apps for Education provides a mature, web-based suite of apps to support learning and collaboration in the classroom – on any device.
Getting Started with Google Apps is a one day workshop that equips teachers, school executive and IT staff to explore the collaboration, flexibility and ease of use provided with Google Apps for Education.
This hands on workshop will cover:
- login to your account
- using Docs, Sheets, Slides and Sites apps
- exploring Google Classroom and the Chrome Web Store
- learning how to manage your files in Google Drive
- sharing of documents and sites with staff and students.
- Gmail and Google Calendar
- the best way to use Google Apps on devices such as iPads and Chromebooks
We will also explore the benefits of setting up Google Apps for Education on your own school domain and discuss the practicalities involved.
Come and learn how Google Apps for Education fits in your learning strategy.
This workshop is a great step towards getting certified as a Google Educator.
Completing Getting Started with Google Apps will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.6.2, 3.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
UPCOMING WORKSHOP DATES
Unfortunately we have had to cancel our Liverpool workshop, scheduled for Monday 21st March. Please note, places are still available at our Rydalmere workshop on Tuesday 22nd March. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Rydalmere – Tuesday 22 March 2016 | Register
Cost is $285 inc. GST per person, including morning tea and lunch.
Express Interest if you would like this workshop in your area