Google Apps in Action: Primary
ONE day workshop is designed for teachers of stage 1, 2, 3
Are you curious about the potential of Google Apps for Education?
Google Apps for Education provides teachers with many opportunities to design and create innovative learning activities for their students. Schools around the world are exploring and identifying ways they can use Google Apps to engage their students in creative and collaborative tasks.
Google Apps in Action: Primary is a one-day BOSTES registered workshop for primary school teachers who would like to discover how to make use of Google Apps in innovative ways in the classroom.
This workshop will involve a series of practical demonstrations and a range of engaging hands on activities. During the course of the day, participants will:
- Become familiar with the features of Google Docs, Slides, Sheets and Sites
- Explore a selection of demonstration lessons for students in Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 across the KLAs
- Examine a collection of international case studies demonstrating ways that teachers are implementing Google Apps in innovative ways
- Discuss and design a set of activities for individual students as well as activities to share as group tasks or whole class projects
- See how Google Classroom assists teachers to manage and share tasks with students
Completing Google Apps in Action will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.2.3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Teachers accredited at the Proficient Teacher and Highly Accomplished Teacher Levels may attend this course and claim the Hours and Standard Descriptors aligned to this QTC Registered Course.