Hands on workshop
Chromebooks are a low cost, easy to manage laptop for schools.
Chromebooks A-Z is a one day hands-on workshop that equips teachers,
school leaders and IT staff to become familiar with Chromebooks. Participants will be involved in activities to explore the features of Chromebooks and how they support the use of Google Apps for Education in the classroom.
This hands-on workshop will include:
- Login to Chromebooks using your Google Apps account
- Familiarisation and navigation of the Chrome OS
- WiFi and proxy configuration
- Using the built-in camera
- Projecting from a Chromebook
- Enrolment and management using the Chrome Management Console
- Using built-in apps – Chrome, Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Selecting and adding apps from the Chrome Web Store
We will also discuss the value of setting up Google Apps for Education on your own domain and demonstrate the practicalities involved.
Come and learn how Chromebooks can be used at your school, including their role in your BYOD solution.
Completing Chromebooks A-Z will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.6.2, 3.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
UPCOMING WORKSHOP DATES
- North Ryde – Monday 4 April 2016 | Register Now
Cost is $285 inc. GST per person, including morning tea and lunch.
Express Interest if you would like this workshop in your area